Frequently Asked Questions
- Property transfer tax – Do I have to pay property transfer tax on my real estate transactions?
- Qualification for principal residence status – you could be surprised!
- Should I incorporate my business? If so how should it be structured?
- Is there a way I can income split with a family member?
- What is an allowable business loss?
- Should I lease or purchase?
- Can I deduct home office expenses and if so what are the deductible expenses?
- Can you provide guidance in the purchase/sale of a business?
- Reducing or deferring corporate and personal tax
- Does my small business qualify for the lower tax rates?
- Are my companies associated for tax purposes?
- What are the deadlines for filing tax returns and supplementary slips?
- Should I file a tax return when it appears I am not taxable?
- What are the rules of Child Care deductions?
- Who qualifies for Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB)?
- The taxability of separation payments
- Should I invest in a tax Free Savings Account (TFSA)?
- Can I deduct expenses which I incurred to earn my employment income?
- Tax deductibility of a club membership and expenses to entertain a client
- Should I have a buy/sell agreement with my partner or shareholder even though we are good friends?
- What are the tax implications if I or my spouse becomes a resident of Canada or emigrate to another country?
- What financial matters should I consider before immigrating to Canada?
- Should I be paid a salary or dividends or a mix of the two?
Grouse Mountain, Vancouver. The Artful Tour
Artist Del Miller